September 16, 2018 by Will Lewis
About this event:
Join Troop 25 for their Annual Turkey Feast
Troop 25 Online registration is available via TroopTrack.com (Member login required):
COST:$15 for all participants (Coming just for the day) or $20 camping all weekend – Payment due by Thursday, November 1, 2018
FOOD: Troop 25’s The Big Turkey Feast dinner will be provided for everyone on Saturday night; a light breakfast will be available Sunday morning for those camping out. Friday night snacks, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday will be provided for Troop 25 members
LOCATION: Camp Norse – 112 Parting Ways Rd, Kingston, MA 02364
LEAVING FROM: All Saints, Friday, November 16, 2018 please arrive at 5:15PM, we will be leaving promptly at 5:30pm. We prefer that you get a ride to and from camp
(However if you need a ride please make arrangements with Mr. Chace)
RETURNING TO: All Saints, Sunday, November 18, 2018 approx. 10:30 AM.
TRIP LEADERS: Mr.Chace (774-254-4086) and Mr. Smith (508-369-5096)
What you need to know:
- The theme for the weekend is giving thanks. During the day we will have skills stations, such as working on knot tying, cooking, fire building, archery/rifle range ( will be open after lunch ) and ax men demonstrations. The troop will also hold their 3rd annual Turkey Trot Relay Race. The day will conclude with the BIG TURKEY FEAST DINNER and fixings, Follow by an evening movie.
- Please have your signed permission slip
- Please eat before you come to Camp Norse on Friday night. Dinner will not be provided. We will be having a cracker barrel (snacks) later in the evening.
- Dress appropriate for the weather. Hiking boots (think wet and muddy) and an extra pair of dry shoes are recommended if you have them. We’ll be outside most day.
- Field uniforms (class A) are required for this trip & troop activity T-Shirt (Class B) you will need your class A for flags and dinner.
- Camping gear – We will be sleeping in a cabin. So no tents needed, however older scouts can chose to sleep outdoors in their tents.
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Sweatshirt, gloves, hat and other appropriate clothing for the weather
- Water bottle
- Toiletries (e.g., toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, hand towel)
- Scout handbook
Any questions, please see your Senior Patrol Leader – Will S. or The scouts in charge of program for the weekend – Ryan D. or Neil C.
Category | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.